- Each competitor must be a member of the NPC, Click here to register.
•Muscularity and Body Condition
Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
•Stage Presence and Personality
Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer’s logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.) Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot. No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose. Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.
• Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform front and back turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, finishing facing the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage.
• The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do turns.
• Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in turns.
Promoters can choose to have one height class, two height classes, three height classes or four height classes.
For contests with two height classes:
•Up to & including 5’8”
For contests with three height classes:
•Up to & including 5’7”
•Over 5’7” up to including 5’10”
For contests with four height classes:
•Up to & including 5’6”
•Over 5’6” up to including 5’8”
•Over 5’8” up to including 5’10”
National level contests do not permit competitors to crossover into Bodybuilding. All other competitions are permitted to have crossovers at the discretion of the promoter with the district chairperson’s approval.
- Beginning January 1, 2018 athletes must place top 2 in an open class at a National Qualifier to be qualified for any National show. All athletes that qualified in 2017 for a National contest are eligible to compete in in a National Contest in 2018. Also, athletes that place 3rd, 4th or 5th place at the USA or Nationals are also qualified for one year.